The HealthChoices Program is the name of Pennsylvania's mandatory managed care programs for Medical Assistance recipients. Through Physical Health Managed Care Organizations, recipients receive quality medical care and timely access to all appropriate physical health services, whether the services are delivered on an inpatient or outpatient basis. The Department of Human Services's Office of Medical Assistance Programs oversees the Physical Health component of the HealthChoices Program.
HealthChoices currently serves recipients in the following zones:
- Southeast Zone - Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties
- Southwest Zone - Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Green, Indiana, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties
- Lehigh/Capital Zone - Adams, Berks, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Northampton, Perry and York counties
- Northwest Zone - Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango and Warren counties
- Northeast Zone - Bradford, Carbon, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Juniata, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne and Wyoming counties
Provider Quick Tips
Have questions about how to enroll as a provider? Check out our Provider Enrollment page.