Communications to Participants
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is committed to open and frequent communication to educate and inform individuals who will move to Community HealthChoices (CHC). It is very important that these people are aware of the upcoming changes and are able to make an informed decision on their plan selection. We are using multiple channels to get the message out:
• Participants Dually Eligible for Medicare & Medicaid — Online Course | Plain Text Document
• Participants Residing in a Nursing Facility — Online Course | Plain Text Document
• Participants Receiving Services through a Waiver — Online Course | Plain Text Document
The following documents were or will be sent to participants:
• Informational Flyer
Participants in the Lehigh/Capital, Northeast, and Northwest zones received this informational flyer in July 2019 to inform them that CHC is coming to their county in January 2020.
• LIFE Flyer
(for Life participants) — English
• Notices — DHS mailed notices to participants in the Lehigh/Capital, Northeast, and Northwest zones beginning in September 2019. The notices informed participants that they would be transitioning to CHC on January 1, 2020, and needed to select a health plan, also called a managed care organization. The notices also told potentially eligible participants that they were potentially eligible for the LIFE program. Copies of the notices used in the Southwest are available here.
• Pre-Enrollment Packets — Beginning in September 2019, pre-enrollment packets will be mailed to participants. This packet contains information about the health plans and benefits and tell participants how to enroll. There is a toll-free number and website for participants to use to make their plan selection. Participants will also receive automated calls to be made aware that packets are coming. If participants do not select a health plan, they will get a follow-up call. If a participant does not select a plan, they will be assigned to a plan. Individuals can change their plan at any time. Below are copies of the packets mailed to Southwest participants:
• Post-Enrollment Packets
• General Information
Community Meetings/Information Sessions
• CHC Community Meetings for Participants: Invitation — English
Seventy-two community events were held in the Lehigh/Capital, Northeast, and Northwest zones to offer participants more information on CHC, the LIFE program and to answer participant questions.
, and YouTube
accounts make CHC information readily available. If you are not following us yet, please click the links above to make sure you are receiving all up-to-date information on CHC and all department priorities.